Saturday, September 17, 2011

Things of Which I Should Be Ashamed

Things I don't quite find shameful, though I know I probably should.


I go through a lot of dishes for a lone person. The five cats are fed about three times a day, plus there are bowls for dry food and water that need to be washed often because they are disgusting (both the cats and the bowls), all of which adds up to a lot of dishes. Plus, I do occasionally eat, and sometimes I even cook. I usually have to run the dishwasher every day, or at least every-other day.

I unload the dishwasher (a cabinet that also cleans!) about once a week. I pull things out as needed, and when I need cat dishes, or am out of spoons, I add dirty dishes to the clean dishes that were left behind. Things that aren't used often sometimes get to go on three full rides through the water-park before I muster the energy to carry them a few feet to their homes. While this certainly doesn't conserve energy in a fossil fuel burning sense, it most certainly conserves my energy, a far more limited resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment