Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dollars and Sense

I knew using a tripod purchased from the Dollar Tree with my DSLR camera seemed vaguely like a bad idea, but could not come up with a good, solid reason. Well, that reason is that the cheap plastic screw that holds the camera to the tripod will break off in the camera, leaving the camera unable to connect to any tripod, even the nice Nikon sitting in the corner.

Yes, the cheap tripod worked better while it lasted, but now it is going to be difficult to take good close-ups. I'm not even going to worry about how much it will cost to get the stupid thing removed because there is no camera store anywhere near me, I am a do-it-yourselfer by nature (hence the massive screw-ups), and I have about $10 and an occasional need to eat. I'm uncharacteristically worried about hurting the camera in an extraction attempt, so I guess it is staying for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment